7 Day – Bushmen, Himba & Etosha
- Northern Namibia
- Hoba Meteor – largest known meteorite on Earth
- Bushmenland in Namibia
- Meeting with Bushmen Tribe (San people) of Namibia
- Ethnic Photography
- Safari in Etosha National Park – wildlife sanctuary
- Game Drive in Etosha
- Wildlife Photography
- Visit semi-nomadic Himba Tribe
- Windhoek – the capital city
Price of the tour:
Low Season 1st of November – 30th of June
High Season 1st of July – 31st October
- Camping Accommodation (minimum of 4 participants): euro 1029 per person (low season)/euro 1284 per person (high season)
- Mid-range Lodge Accommodation: euro 1524 per person (low season)/ euro 1717 per person (high season) (meals: breakfast, dinner)
- Mid-range Lodge Accommodation: euro 1699 per person (low season)/ euro 1892 per person (high season) (meals: breakfast, lunch & dinner + mineral water in the car)
- Mid-range Lodge Single Supplement: euro 278
- Luxury Lodge Accommodation: euro 2886 per person (low season)/ euro 3338 per person (high season) (meals: breakfast, lunch & dinner + mineral water in the car)
- Luxury Lodge Single Supplement: euro 462
- Optional Private Tour Supplement: euro 1000 – without other travelers joining the group
- Minimum 2 people per tour.
- 50% discount for children 12 years old and younger.
Leaving Windhoek in the morning and travelling up north Namibia, to Bushmenland, where we will meet Bushmen tribe in their village. On the way, short visit to an interesting attraction: Hoba Meteor. The main mass of meteor is estimated at more than 60 tons, making it the largest known meteorite (as a single piece) and the most massive naturally occurring piece of iron known on the Earth’s surface.
Accommodation: for 2 nights at Fiume lodge or similar.
Distance: 470 km on tarred road.
Duration: 5 hours with stop-overs and lunch break.
Early morning visit to Bushmen Village situated deep in the bush, where we will spend around 3 to 5 hours with this unique and fascinating tribe. We will observe their traditions and culture, learn skills of animal-tracking in the bush, finding water-rich plants, berry and fruit picking. Bushmen will perform their traditional dances, games and songs. Participation in all activities are welcomed!
Distance: 270 km on tarred & gravel road.
Duration: 7 hours with stop-overs and lunch break.
Meals: breakfast, dinner.
Day 3 & 4
After breakfast we will travel to Namibia wildlife sanctuary – Etosha National Park. In Etosha, we will stop for 2 nights, at one of the camps. Etosha, meaning a ‚place of dry water’ is one of the most frequently visited and considered to be one of the most loved national parks of Africa. Dedicated to protecting wildlife of African bush and savannah. Its specific atmosphere, beauty and close encounter with nature – simply overwhelms visitors!
Wild animals such as: lions, cheetah, leopards, elephants, giraffes, zebras, hyenas, rhino, variety of antelopes, birds and reptiles inhabit enormous regions of grassy savannah. Etosha presents picture of harmony and balance of nature, while filling the viewer with tranquil peace and serenity, while we observe wildlife in its natural, untouched environment. Live ‚theater of nature’ at its best!
Meals: breakfast, dinner.
Distance: around 200 km on tarred and gravel roads.
Duration of travel: around 8 hours with stops for sightseeing and lunch.
Accommodation: 2 nights at Halali or similar.
Day 5 & 6
After breakfast, we are leaving Etosha and venture further into Kaokoland, to region far from civilization. Our stop is at Opuwo, capital of this northern region, where we will meet Himba tribe – one of the last, original, nomadic tribes on Earth, who continue to keep their traditional, ancient way of life, as they did for hundreds of years.
Meals: breakfast, dinner.
Distance of travel: around 300 km on tar and gravel roads.
Duration of travel: around 8hrs with stops for pictures and lunch.
Accommodation for 2 nights at: Opuwo Country Hotel or similar.
Next morning, meeting with Himba people and unforgettable visit to the village, learning about ancient, nomadic way of life. Unique opportunity to observe exotic culture and customs as well as chance for ethnic photography.
Himba people are a tribe of nomadic pastoralists who inhabit the Kaokoland area of Namibia. The Himba have clung to their ancient traditions. Beautiful Himba women are noted for their intricate hairstyles and traditional jewelry. Both Himba men and woman wear few clothes apart from a loin cloth or goat skinned mini-skirt, they rub their bodies with red ochre and animal fat to protect themselves from the sun that gives their appearance a rich red colour. Himba jewelry is made from iron or shell, and due to their intricate designs have become very popular amongst tourists.
Visit at the village and close encounter with Himba people creates superb opportunity for spectacular ethnic photography!
After breakfast we are heading „back to civilization” to Windhoek, our journey will take around 7 hours with the stops to stretch our legs, for lunch and take pictures of magnificent landscape. We will arrive in Windhoek in late afternoon and drop you off at your hotel.
Distance: 700 km (tarred roads).
Duration: 9 hrs.
Wishing you a ‚safe journey’ and many happy returns with Wild Wind Safaris!
Select preferred type of accommodation:
- two/three-star lodges/hotels
- luxury lodges/hotels
Double rooms with an option of a single supplement. Air-conditioned rooms with private bathrooms.
Included in the tour’s price:
Transport, fuel, accommodation and reservations (or tents/camping equipment), meals as per itinerary, national park entrance fee, full day game drives, tour guide for the entire tour, transfer ‚to and from’ the airport, pick-up in Windhoek and guests’ transfer to the lodge/hotel after the tour.
Not included in the tour’s price:
Scheduled flights (bus tickets) ‚to and from’ Namibia, individually extended accommodation, additional transfers, sleeping bags on camping tours, compulsory travel insurance, water, drinks, alcoholic beverages, optional activities, gratuities and tips, trip extensions, visa to Namibia.
Booking & Cancellation Policy
Booking and Payment
- 30% deposit is required to book the tour and the remaining amount not-less-than 30 days before the commencement of the tour.
- We accept payments via bank transfer or credit card Visa and Master Card welcome. Please advise preferred method of payment.
1. Client has the right at any time to cancel confirmed booking, providing it is done in writing and sent by e-mail or fax to the Organizer.
2. Organizer confirms the Client’s cancellation and reserves the right to the following cancellation fees, if the tour is cancelled:
a. between the day of payment of the non-refundable deposit to 31 days before the start of the tour, Organizer charges full non-refundable deposit paid by Client or Client’s agent;
b. between 30 to 15 days before the start of the tour, Organizer charges 50% of the total cost of the tour;
c. between 14 to 7 days before the start of the tour, Organizer charges 75% of the total cost of the tour;
d. between 7 to 0 days before the start of the tour, Organizer charges 100% of the cost of the tour;
3. No refunds should be made, if Client fails to join the tour, joins after tour’s departure or leaves before completion of the tour.
or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org