5 Day – Himba Tribe and Etosha
- Etosha National Park – Wildlife Sanctuary
- Wildlife Photography
- Full day Game Drive in Etosha
- Ethnic experience and visit to Himba Tribe
- Ethnic Photography
- Kaokoland – scenic, northern Namibia
- Windhoek, the capital city of Namibia
Price of the tour:
Low Season 1st of November – 30th of June
High Season 1st of July – 31st October
- Camping Accommodation (minimum of 4 participants): euro 735 per person (low season)/ euro 915 per person (high season)
- Mid-range Lodge Accommodation: euro 1088 per person (low season)/ euro 1229 per person (high season) (meals: breakfast, dinner)
- Mid-range Lodge Accommodation: euro 1213 per person (low season)/ euro 1354 per person (high season) (meals: breakfast, lunch & dinner + mineral water in the car)
- Mid-range Lodge Single Supplement: euro 179
- Luxury Lodge Accommodation: euro 2061 per person (low season)/ euro 2385 per person (high season) (meals: breakfast, lunch & dinner + mineral water in the car)
- Luxury Lodge Single Supplement: euro 297
- Optional Private Tour Supplement: euro 1000 – without other travelers joining the group
- Minimum 2 people per tour.
- 50% discount for children 12 years old and younger.
Day 1 & 2
Close encounter with wildlife of Africa! Early departure to Wildlife Sanctuary of Namibia, Etosha National Park, known as the ‚Hidden Treasure of Africa’. After arrival, exploring nearby waterholes on game drive and return back to the camp, before closing of the gates.
In the evening and late till night, observing wildlife at the waterhole, in the live ‚theater of nature’.
Next day, full day game drive in Etosha National Park.
Be it a lion or an elephant, a giraffe or a zebra; almost all African animal species are represented in this huge nature reserve. There is an estimated number of 250 lions in the park, 300 rhinos, 2 500 giraffes, 6 000 zebras and more than 2 000 elephants. Variety of antelope species like: Oryx, Kudu, Eland, Wildebeast and Impala live in Etosha. The dainty springbok are especially numerous; at least 20 000 of them roam the reserve. Often, they can be observed in enormous herds of several hundred animals. In Etosha, 114 mammal species are found, several are rare and endangered e.g. black rhino (largest number in the world), cheetah and black-faced impala. Etosha’s elephants are the largest in Africa. The tallest found measuring up to 4m. Blue wildebeest, zebra, hyena, lions, leopard and giraffe and about 340 bird species, are also found in the area.
The area has about 40 springs and waterholes that provide excellent game viewing and fantastic wildlife photography opportunities. Visitors should approach and depart from waterholes slowly, with as little noise as possible, as not to disturb the game. There are three most popular rest camps at Etosha: Okaukuejo, Halali and Namutoni, accommodating the visitors in the luxurious, thatch-roof bungalows, designed in the African style. Each camp has a leisure area with restaurants, shops and swimming pool.
Distance: around 450 km to Etosha on tarred roads, following day around 200km on well-maintained, gravel roads of the park.
Accommodation : 2 nights at Okaukuejo or similar.
Meals: breakfast, lunch & dinner.
After breakfast, traveling through western regions of Etosha to Opuwo in Kaokoland, capital of this northern region. Next day, visit at the village and meeting with semi-nomadic Himba people. Himba are one of the last semi-nomadic tribes on Earth, who continue to keep their traditional and ancient way of life, as they did for hundreds of years.
Distance: around 400 km mainly on tarred roads.
Accommodation options: 2 nights at Opuwo Country Hotel or similar.
Meals: breakfast, dinner.
In the morning, ethnic experience and unforgettable visit to the Himba village, learning about their fascinating way of life.
The Himba are a tribe of nomadic pastoralist who inhabit the Kaokoland area of Namibia. The Himba have clung to their traditions and the beautiful Himba women are noted for their intricate hairstyles and traditional jewelry.
As Himba men and woman wear few clothes apart from a loin cloth or goat skinned mini-skirt, they rub their bodies with red ochre and fat to protect themselves from the sun that gives their appearance a rich red colour. Himba jewelry is made from iron or shell, and due to their intricate designs have become very popular among western tourists.
Visit at the Himba village creates superb opportunity for spectacular ethnic photography! One of the world’s best and award winning ethnic photos were taken at Himba villages in Namibia.
Distance: around 50km on gravel & tarred roads.
Meals: breakfast, dinner.
After breakfast we are heading ‚back to civilization’, to Windhoek, the capital city of Namibia. Our journey will take around 8 hours with the stops to stretch our legs, lunch and take pictures of the magnificent landscape. Arrival in Windhoek late afternoon. Transfer to your lodge/hotel or directly to international airport.
Distance: around 700 km on tarred road.
Wishing you a ‚safe journey’ and many happy returns with Wild Wind Safaris!
Select one, preferred type of accommodation or we can design tailor-made, mixed-accommodation tour:
- two/three-star lodges
- luxury lodges and hotels
Double rooms with an option of a single supplement. Air-conditioned rooms with private bathrooms.
Included in the tour’s price:
Transport, fuel, accommodation and reservations, meals as per itinerary, full day game drives and activities (except optional activities), entrance to all national parks/villages and attractions mentioned in the itinerary, tour guide for the entire tour, transfer ‚to/from’ the international airport or to hotel/lodge.
Not included in the tour’s price:
Scheduled flights ‚to/from’ Namibia, visas (if required), individually extended accommodation, additional transfers, compulsory travel insurance, mineral water, drinks, all alcoholic beverages, optional activities, gratuities and tips, trip extensions.
Booking & Cancellation Policy
Booking and Payment
- 30% deposit is required to book the tour and the remaining amount not-less-than 30 days before the commencement of the tour.
- We accept payments via bank transfer or credit card Visa and Master Card welcome. Please advise preferred method of payment.
1. Client has the right at any time to cancel confirmed booking, providing it is done in writing and sent by e-mail or fax to the Organizer.
2. Organizer confirms the Client’s cancellation and reserves the right to the following cancellation fees, if the tour is cancelled:
a. between the day of payment of the non-refundable deposit to 31 days before the start of the tour, Organizer charges full non-refundable deposit paid by Client or Client’s agent;
b. between 30 to 15 days before the start of the tour, Organizer charges 50% of the total cost of the tour;
c. between 14 to 7 days before the start of the tour, Organizer charges 75% of the total cost of the tour;
d. between 7 to 0 days before the start of the tour, Organizer charges 100% of the cost of the tour;
3. No refunds should be made, if Client fails to join the tour, joins after tour’s departure or leaves before completion of the tour.
or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org